Advances in biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry have significantly increased the need for pharmaceutical scientists with comprehensive knowledge and diverse skills than a typical specific subject program can provide. The Master of Pharmaceutical Sciences (MPS) at the California Northstate University (CNU) provides rigorous background in a range of scientific disciplines that are critical to the preparation of the next generation of pharmaceutical scientists. Situated in Northern California, CNU is surrounded by over 700 biotechnology/pharmaceutical companies, with proximity to Silicon Valley – one of the world’s leading technology innovation centers.
Students have the option of completing the MPS program in ONE or TWO years. The MPS program is offered two tracks: (i) One-year Capstone Paper (non-thesis) track, and (ii) Two-year Thesis track.
As an advantageous incentive, the MPS program offers also MPS-to-MD pathway which significantly improves the admission to CNU Collage of Medicine.
After completing the MPS degree, the graduates leave with enhanced academic credentials, enhanced hands-on research skills, improved admission into healthcare profession schools, and competitive advantage in the market of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences.
Graduates of this program can pursue a variety of career opportunities within the pharmaceutical industry field. MPS graduates are also positioned to work as researchers at universities, government agencies (i.e. NIH, FDA, CDC) agencies, and non-profit organizations. California Northstate University (CNU) is located in the Greater Sacramento Metropolitan Area, and provides unique opportunities for students to network with nearby biomedical, biotechnology, pharmaceutical companies, and government agencies.
We invite you to learn more about MPS at California Northstate University and discover an education built for you.
To advance the science of pharmaceutical research by developing future scientists trained to promote health through knowledge, research, and social responsibility
Preeminence in pharmaceutical sciences research, drug development skills, and integrated education abilities.
The academic calendar consists of two semesters lasting approximately 15 weeks long and one summer term lasting approximately 10 weeks.
- Two track options: 1) two-year thesis-based track, and 2) one-year capstone track.
- Innovative core coursework.
- Multiple teaching pedagogical formats maximize learning and subject retention.
- Small class sizes suitable for individualized education and research skills.
- Close proximity and ties to the Colleges of Pharmacy and Medicine, with course paths to prepare students seeking entry into pharmacy or medical school.
- Established collaborations with regional clinical centers, and pharmaceutical industries, providing an array of cooperative educational opportunities.
- Located in Elk Grove, California, the second largest city in the Greater Sacramento Metropolitan Area. Northern California is the hub for many biopharmaceutical companies.
Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). California Northstate University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), 985 Atlantic Avenue, #100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001